at TAF Academy?
at TAF Academy?
There’s so many exciting things happening at TAF Academy. From STEM Expos, special field trip opportunities, guest speakers, and spontaneous fun, there’s always something new happening on campus and beyond.
Stay connected. Follow TAF Academy on social media.
TAF Academy’s Lighthouse Design and Engineering Lab is one of our campus’ gems. Students have the opportunity to bring their designs to life under the direction of Engineering teacher Gabriel Diaz and Design teacher Cait Engels. Not only have our students formed an after school FabLab, they also consistently engage and collaborate with other engineers within Washington State, and across the world!
For current Lighthouse projects and highlights, visit their Facebook page.
Our students and leadership are doing amazing things, and it shows! TAF Academy regularly is covered in the press due to our unique education model.
Take a look at some of the articles!
- Federal Way school district reaches 80 percent graduation rate
Federal Way Mirror – November 14, 2016
- Employee giving program furthers Microsoft workers’ philanthropic impact
Redmond Reporter – November 4, 2016
- TAF Academy recognized again as ‘School of Distinction’
Federal Way Mirror – October 12, 2016
- Inside the pioneering Seattle area school that’s shaking up how STEM education is taught
Geekwire – September 30, 2016
- TAF, a model for STEM education, helps diverse students build futures
The Seattle Times – September 30, 2016
- More Diversity in the Workforce Starts With Education
YES! Magazine – July 14, 2016
- Marking 20 Years of STEM Education at TAF, and Planning for 20 More
Xconomy – September 20, 2016